Thursday 28 February 2013


The first convention used in my print advert is masking. I masked 5 things, including images and text. I masked images like Mario, Bowser and the “Quench” can effectively by making sure there were no rough edges to make it seem realistic. I had to mask the logo onto the can so that it looked like a professional drink. Also, masking the images made it possible to put different effects on the images. An example of this is where I used a starry image and masked it onto Mario’s body, which matched the slogan “Reach For The Stars”, the slogan’s text was also masked with this starry image.

 

The second convention used in my print advert is the size of the main images, this is effective in my print advert as the whole point is that Mario is bigger and stronger than bowser as Mario has drunk “Quench” and since bowser has not drank the drink therefore he will never beat/ win against Mario. This is effective because the target audience knows that Mario is the super hero and he is always the one that could beat bowser, now we know what his secret is too winning. This technique used is called nostalgia.

 

To improve my print advert I need to make sure my colour pallet compliments each other, but at the moment there is green, yellow, purple, red and blue. Which is too many colours which makes the advert look a bit busy, to improve this I could make my own background with less colours so that the main product is the thing that catches the eye of the audience, whereas with many different colours, the audience, at the moment, do not know where to look first.

No comments:

Post a Comment